- Pack a Healthier Lunch Box Leaflet from Cornwall Healthy Schools
- Love School Meals - Chartwells' website for parents
- School Dinner Menu Autumn Term 2021 and Spring Term 2022.pdf
- School Dinner Menu Summer and Autumn Term 2022.pdf
We use Chartwells Catering to provide our school meals service. Cooked meals, including a vegetarian option, are prepared daily in our kitchen and children are offered a choice of main courses and puddings. Salad and fruit are always available. School lunches, both cooked and packed lunches, are eaten in the school hall.
Chartwells menus include the best quality and freshest ingredients, sourced directly from growers and producers, ensuring they can maintain a robust supply chain and have complete traceability from the field to the plate.
- The cost of a school dinner is £2.34
- Please pay for school meals using Parent Pay if at all possible. Details of this site can be obtained from the school secretary
- Please make cheques payable to Southerly Point Co-operative MAT.
School meals are provided to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 free of charge. For older children Free School Meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of other allowances.
It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the pupil premium) which we can use to help your child.
For more information on Free School Meals please telephone : 0300 1234100 , contact the school office or visit https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals
Packed lunches should be in a secure named container. No sweets are allowed – instead, we encourage lots of fruit or vegetables. Water is available for all children. However, your child can bring their own drink in a non-breakable container – please avoid fizzy drinks.
If you are stuck for ideas on what to put in your child's packed lunch, download our guide to Healthy Packed Lunches.